CONTRACTS/PAYROLL FOR A3 TEACHING ARTISTS
Your contract will outline the details of your employment with the Academy of Arts & Academics Charter School. Here are some areas to be aware of and some additional information.
- Your total payroll for the year is broken down into 12 equal payments. You do not need to submit a time card unless you work outside of your contract. Mike Fisher or Ed Mendelssohn would need to authorize any additional hours worked outside of your contract before they are worked. Your contract will need to be signed and submitted to Carolyn. Keep a copy of your contract.
- Payday is the 25th of each month. If the 25th lands on a Saturday or Sunday, you will be paid the Friday before.
- You will need to fill out the following paperwork if you are a new employee:
W-4 2016 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification with 2 forms of ID
Your I-9 form and ID will be submitted to Homeland Security
- Benefits include: Sick time hours outlined in your contract
PERS once you have 600 hours worked
- Sick time is tracked on the Employee Exception Time Report Fill it out and submit it to Carolyn as soon as possible. Carolyn tracks your sick time but it is also your responsibility to keep track of your sick time used as well. If you exceed the sick time on your contract, your pay will be deducted.
- If you are in need of a substitute due to illness or a planned absence, please contact Carolyn as soon as possible. You can either email her at Carolyn.email@example.com or call her at 541-744-6728. We have a few of our Teaching Artists who can substitute or she may need to access a sub through the Springfield School District substitute process. If it is a planned absence please fill out the Employee Time Exception Report and turn it in to Carolyn before your absence so she has time to get a sub. If it is an unexpected absence, make sure you fill it out once you return to work.
- If you have been authorized by Mike or Ed to work additional hours outside of your contract, you will need to fill out the Adjunct Faculty and Guest Artist Extra Duty Time Sheet, sign it and turn it in to Carolyn by the 15th of the month.
- Employees of Springfield Public Schools will request their own subs through Aesop finder. Please also ensure that you turn in the Employee Time Exception Report to Carolyn.
Other Forms for Teaching Artists
BACK to Welcome Page
Proceed to A3 TEACHER’S MANUAL