P3 is a parent organization dedicated to the success of the A3 community through healthy communication, service, and support with responsibility, creativity, and exuberance.
What We Do
In addition to ongoing school support and hosting the staff appreciation event and the graduation reception, P3 provides funding and support for students and staff. To raise money for this purpose, our primary fundraisers have historically centered around Autzen recycling and an annual raffle.
<view a quick summary of what we do here>
Special Funds for Teachers:
Do you have a project in mind that goes above and beyond your classroom budget?
- Springfield Education Foundation provides funding directly to teachers through Innovative Educator Grants. Applications are due early in the school year (around Oct. 1); grants are awarded in November.
- Read more about how to apply for a P3 Teacher Grant.
Special Funds for Students:
Every school year, P3 sets aside funding to provide grants for students to help fund classes, conferences, projects or training activities that will help them reach their academic and career goals.
- Read more about how to apply for a P3 Student Grant.
Parents – How to Get Involved
- P3 Business Meeting: Established by parents, P3 members devote time to support our teachers and students. They recruit parent support for fall camp, organize student socials, arrange for teacher appreciation, coordinate graduation, and more. They are in charge of fundraising, and administer how funds are used.
- Meetings are the first Tuesday of the month at 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the A3 Main Building, 615 Main Street, Springfield, Oregon. Light refreshments available during the meeting; potluck food donation is always welcome but not necessary. We try to bring in staff members periodically and leave time for general discussion.
- As with most parent groups, the bulk of the work is done by a small core group. We are always looking for more people to expand this group, and we always need new people each year to make sure we are sustainable. We especially need people who are kind of geeky about things like policies, databases, archiving, and strategizing.
- The best way to be really plugged in is to come to meetings. It’s a great way to get to know the inner workings of the school. If you miss a meeting, you can always find meeting notes online to see what we’re up to.
- P3 Committees: If you can’t make it to regular meetings, you can choose to be on one of our committees that will meet periodically, separate from the main group.
- Sign up here for the Policy Committee, Fundraising Committee, Special Events Committee or to be one of the Autzen Recycling coordinators.
- Autzen Recycle Crew: Autzen recycling is P3’s largest fundraiser. We need about 30 volunteers at each home game to help game attendees recycle their materials. It requires about a 3-hour commitment for each game, but afterward, Duck fans can choose to watch the rest of the game for free in the student (standing) section. Sign up on our Autzen volunteer form.
- A3 Volunteers: The school will also call for parent volunteers for one-off opportunities throughout the school year. In addition to Autzen, we always need parents for one or more days at the Headwaters retreat; chaperoning at dances; visiting with new families at intake events or A3 101 events; helping with Confluence panels; or sharing expertise on projects.
Questions? Email us at P3parentgroup@gmail.com, or you are also welcome to contact any of our officers at any time. You may also contact Emily Borden, A3’s Community Connections Coordinator and P3 liaison.
2016-17 P3 Officers:
Deb Jolda, Chair
Tina LeFevre, Vice Chair
Lana Dishner, Secretary
Tina LeFevre, Chair, Special Events Committee
Lana Dishner, Refreshments Coordinator
Eva LaMar, Misti Soper and Karine Calhoun, A3 Recycle Crew Co-Coordinators
How to Help Financially
Aside from the opportunities outlined above, you can always make a tax-deductible donation to P3; designate A3 to benefit from your next Amazon Smile purchase; sign up for eScrip to give a portion of your Market of Choice purchases to A3; purchase A3 “spirit wear”; or mention A3 next time you dine at Red Robin.