Everybody teaches, Everybody Leads, Everybody Learns
At A3 we work in all classes to establish a community environment that invites all members equally. We have identified three community agreements that define the expectations of interaction within our community.
- Conscientious about class/meeting behavior
- Limit side talk
- Clarifying and probing questions
- Engage and follow through
- Short runways: get to the point, don’t emotionalize
- Tell your truth without shame, blame, judgment, or excuses
- Mistakes are learning opportunities
- Separate feedback on process from personal hurt
- Conscientious about compassionate straight talk
- Awareness of humor/implications of sarcasm
- Talk straight when affected and let it go
- Conscientious about listening to understand, not to defend
- Be open to outcome – but not attached to nor afraid of it
- Keep students/colleagues at the heart of all work and decisions
- Suspend assumptions
- Suspend judgment in process
- Consider better options than your initial ideas
- Discussions, behaviors, and practices should be founded in equity and inclusion for all and should actively avoid tokenism.
- We are conscientious of our own biases and privilege and have a willingness to set those aside.